Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Double Chocolate Scones

 The end of the year esp. December is the busiest month for me ^^".


Beside from a lot of parties to join and food to make, I still have job to do. But I think you understand my feeling, when the holiday season is coming, I don't want to work anymore, haha. My laziness level ( in working) is over the top, as I want to spend all my time in the kitchen or with my game and manga, haha. 
Anyway I try to finish all the thing that I have and want to do everyday, I wish I have 48 hours a day, so I will have more time to do many things more. 
Yesterday, I wanted to make chocolate scone, and looking for the recipe in my blog (actually I started my blog because I wanted to keep my recipes, so I don't have to take my recipe note with me when I go to my sister's house, hehe). And I realized that I don't have this simple recipe in my blog! Maybe it's too simple that I forgot about it. 
This chocolate scone is for chocolate lover, choose the dark chocolate that you like, 70% is the best for people who love bitter chocolate taste, 50-60% is for everyone ^^, haha.
Refrigerate the dough before cutting will make the scone rise beautifully (and you will manage the dough easier too), so don't skip this step.


Double Chocolate Scones
Makes 8 Scones


110g ........................... All purpose flour
70g ............................. Cake flour
1tbsp .......................... Baking powder
15g ............................. Cocoa powder
2tbsp .......................... Granulated sugar
65g ............................. Salted butter, cold, cut into small pieces
130g ........................... Whipping cream
70g ............................. Dark chocolate, cut into small pieces
.................................... Milk for brushing the top of the scones



 Put both kind of flour into a bowl with baking powder, cocoa powder and granulated sugar, whisk to combine.
Put the butter into the bowl.


 Mix until bread crumbs formed.


 Pour the whipping cream into the bowl.


 Stir to combine.


 Remove from the bowl and mix in the dark chocolate.


 Fold until combine, and skin formed.


 Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
Meanwhile preheat an oven to 200C.
Line a baking sheet with baking paper.


 Cut the dough into 8 pieces with 5cm round cutter (press the scrape of the dough together and cut until you use all the dough).


Brush the top of the scones with milk.
Bake for 13-16 minutes.
Let it cool slightly before serving.


Double Chocolate Scones

1 comment:

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...