Friday, March 14, 2014

Mushroom and cheese Muffins: Delicious savoury muffins

 My sister and her son come to stay with me for 2 months, so now I have to take her order, hehe ^^.

 She doesn't like to eat sweet much but always fall for savoury bake good. Yesterday, she told me that she wanted to eat cheese muffin ^^, well, I'm always happy to bake for my family so after I made it right away.
But I don't want to use only ham and cheese for this recipe, so I added mushroom into the batter too. You can use other kinds of mushroom, but for me Eringi is suitable, because its smell is quite smooth. I use Laughing cow soft cheese for this recipe, as its taste is not as sour as cream cheese (but if you can't find Laughing cow, you can use cream cheese too), it will melt and turn into soft and creamy cheese in the muffin texture, I think it gives a surprise texture ^^.
While taking a photo, I try to take the texture of the muffin by cutting it into pieces, well I end up eating them than taking good picture, haha, so you can doubt how delicious it is!



Mushroom and cheese Muffins
Makes 6 (10x5.5cm mini loaf pan) 



100g .......................... Eringi mushroom, cut into small pieces 
80g ............................ Ham, cut into small pieces
4pieces ...................... Laughing cow cheese, cut into small pieces 
130g ........................... Salted butter
2tbsp .......................... Light brown sugar
..................................... Pinch of salt and pepper
2 .................................. Eggs
150g ............................ All purpose flour
5g ................................ Baking powder
..................................... Emmental cheese, grated, for sprinkle on top (optional)

Preheat the oven to 200°C
Sift together flour and baking powder, set aside.
Beat the butter and salt until soften, add the sugar and beat until light in color add the pepper and beat until combine.
Pour the eggs into the bowl, beat to combine.
Pour the flour mixture into the bowl with mushroom, ham and cheese, fold to combine.
Spoon the batter into the pans, sprinkle cheese and pepper on top of the muffins. 
Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.


Mushroom and cheese Muffins: Delicious savoury muffins

1 comment:

  1. looks very yummy..love the combo of mushroom & cheese ..I know how good this must be tasting...

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...