Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Peanut Butter Blondies: Easy cookie in one bowl!

Peanut butter is my darkest secret, I can't stand it, well, I have to eat them all, haha. I know that not all the people love it (and some are allergic to it), but I always love it.

I got this recipe from the Olive magazine issue July 2009, the name of this recipe is the main thing that I change ^ ^.
Because the name "Blondies" don't refer to the real feeling when you eat this!
This cookie is like a dense peanut butter cookie, and each bite you will love it. The peanut and white chocolate getting along very well, and the best is this cookie is not too sweet. I end up eating a lot of it, haha.
I reduce the amount of the white chocolate in the ingredient, not because I want less of it, because the amount in the blondies is the same. But the white chocolate for drizzle over the blondies is too much. I use only 50g of it, not 100g (or if you want a white chocolate to cover the blondies, use 100g).

The blondie is very easy to make, you only need one bowl for it, so less washing too, ^ ^. I hope that you will love this blondie, especially for the people who love the peanut butter as I do.



Peanut Butter Blondies
Makes 12


200g
Crunchy peanut butter
100g
Butter
100g
Dark brown sugar
200g
Cake flour
1½ tsp
Baking powder
2
Eggs
1tsp
Vanilla extract
1 tbsp
Milk
200g
White chocolate (chopped)

Line and butter 20 x 20 cm pan.
Preheat the oven to 160 °C

Melt the peanut butter, butter, and sugar together (I use microwave), let the mixture cool.


Add the flour, eggs, vanilla, and baking powder and mix, add milk.
Stir in 150g of white chocolate and pour the mixture into the pan.

Bake until the blondies are puffed and cooked through for 25 minutes.
Let the blondies cool.

Melt the rest of the white chocolate and drizzle over the blondies.
Cool before cutting into the squares.


Peanut Butter Blondies: Easy cookie in one bowl!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Pook,

    I have been admiring your beautiful cakes for awhile!!!

    I have an award for you. Pls pick up from http://happycup.blogspot.com/2009/07/passing-on-blogger-award.html

    Cheers.
    Cookie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ka.. You know I really wanna bake something with peanut butter so I bought the big jar but still no idea what I should make. This one looks really yummy. Lucky enough I always wanna get rid of my white chocolate..lol

    But I have to buy the dark brown sugar T_T.. If I use the caster sugar, a lot different?

    Thanks again ka

    ReplyDelete
  3. There will be a lot of different when using caster sugar instead of the brown one.
    The taste of the caster sugar is more sharp, sweeter, and less fragrance.
    Well, I suggest going out to buy a box of brown sugar will be a better idea ^ ^.
    Pook

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks ka.. actually I know it would be different cuz the brown sugar is more dense.. stupid asking..hehe..thanks ka.. I will buy it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pook,
    Thanks for sharing many interesting & easy recipes, and also the steps in your cooking.
    I hv a question on the peanut butter blondies.
    Lst wk I tried but
    1) texture is very flaky
    2) may I check which type of white chocolate you are using
    3) your recipe is it supposed to be not sweet?
    kindly advise.
    many thanks..........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Mary
    The texture will be dense, so if your is flaky, reduce the baking time, or reduce the temperature.
    I use block, white chocolate (Swissline 2 kg).
    This recipe is quite sweet.
    Pook

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...