Saturday, April 25, 2009

Banana Mascarpone Roll: Simply sweet!

I know that I like mascarpone cheese so much, and it turn out that I always have a box of it in my fridge ^ ^.
But how can you resist it? With soft and lightly sweet flavors, it's great with almost everything.
Mascarpone cheese is sweeter than cream cheese so it can be use with fruit without giving a tangy taste! And this time I found the recipe from the book name: ..................

The idea of cheese and banana always get my attention, haha, may be because both of them are my childhood favorites (ok, I love to eat almost everything, ^ ^, esp. the soft and baby food like).

This cake is very easy, chiffon cake is softer than simple sponge (and easier to make too). It's better to put the cake in the refrigerator before serving, it will be neater when you cut it.
And if you need some special taste, add a little bit of banana or chocolate liquor into the filling will brighten up this simple cake.




Banana Mascarpone Roll: Simply sweet!
Makes 1 roll (about 28 cm.)

Chiffon roll

80g
Cake flour
65g
Sugar
3
Egg yolks
4
Egg whites
60ml
Water
2tbsp
Salad oil
¼ tsp
Vanilla extract


Filling

150g
Mascarpone cheese
150ml
Whipping cream
40g
Sugar
2tbsp
Milk
2
Medium size banana


For decorating


Icing sugar

Cocoa powder





Preheat the oven to180°C
Line the base of 30X30 cm pan with baking paper.
Sift the flour and set aside.

Beat the egg yolk with half of the sugar until light, then gradually add the oil, vanilla and water.

Pour the flour into the egg mixture, whisk to combine.

Beat the egg white with the rest of the sugar until stiff peaks form.

Fold the egg white into the egg and flour mixture, until combine.

Pour the batter into the pan, level the batter.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.

Make the fill:

Beat the mascarpone cheese until soften, then add the sugar and milk. Mix until combine.

Whip the whipping cream until soft peak.
Fold into the cheese mixture.

Spread the filling over the cake, place the banana over the filling.
Roll the cake, put the cake in the refrigerator for 2 hour before serving.

Sprinkle the icing sugar and cocoa powder over the cake. The cake is now ready ^ ^.

Banana Mascarpone Roll: Simply sweet!

22 comments:

  1. you always take good and deliciously looking pictures.. what camera do you use ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pook,

    This cake looks yummy.
    What can I substitute the salad oil with? Also, can you please advise if the egg used is large egg?

    Thanks.

    Rgds,
    KY

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can use any vegetable oil that you like, but just don't use the one with strong smell.
    And about the egg, large egg weight about 50g (without shell).
    Pook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pook, for your fast reply.

    KY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cake is very beautiful and seems also so delicious; I save the recipe and will test it very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a Vietnamese reader who loves to read your blog very much, and thank you very much for your sharing
    Recently there was one website (quite popular) in Vietnam always copy your images recipe and then change to their logo like this. This is their address http://kenh14.vn/c35/t5/200959232023924/banh-cat-chuoi-giup-mami-tre-lau-na.chn

    And more
    http://kenh14.vn/c35/t5/2009410122921396/snack-thai-rom-ra-cuoi-tuan-ne.chn

    This is total your images that has been changed. I already sent email to them ask them should not do like that. But there is no reply. I wonder do they ask you for permission or not? Because many of my friends who know and love your blog think that it is not good. All my friend and I when introduced your cake always remember to write down Source: dailydelicious

    ReplyDelete
  7. about the copy of Vietnamese website kenh14.vn they change your logo and insert their logo in your photo, Can you have ideas about this? http://kenh14.vn/c35/t5/2009410122921396/snack-thai-rom-ra-cuoi-tuan-ne.chn.
    Because this is big website and related to the youth, so I think they should not do like that, cheating and do wrong thing. I already send email to you via my email address, anh.daiko@gmail.com
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. ็Hi, Ngoc Anh
    Thank you so much!
    I don't like people to do bad thing like this too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made this cake today. Its really creamy,soft, and not too sweet ) I love it! Thank you for this great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, gosiaa99
    Your welcome!
    I'm glad that you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    If I want to make a cocoa or chocolate roll cake, I can use this recipe?

    I really like your recipe, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi
    You can use this recipe to make a chocolate roll cake, by change the amount of the flour.
    Using the 70g of cake flour plus 10g of the cocoa powder in the recipe.
    I hope you will like it.
    Pook

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your replying. I like your blog and your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,

    i love your blog. I wanted to make you banana mascarpone roll, but my cake ended up cracking as I was rolling it. Do you have any tips on what I can do to get a nice beautiful roll?

    ReplyDelete
  15. If the cake is too dry (bake for too long) it will be crack too, if not from that reason, rolling the cake after baking with wet towel help too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for the reply. I'll try that next time. I've been making a few of your bread recipes in the meantime and they all came out fantastic. Everyone loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, it's seems challenging to tear the baking sheet from the cake n gets torn..may I know what's wrong?
    Also am I right to use e liquid wipped cream? If yes what is e correct way to whip it up?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi,
    Peeling the baking paper is not hard but you have to do it gently. And yes the whipping cream that I use is liquid one.
    You will need to chill it before whipping it. Pour it in a bowl and place it over ice bath, chilled whipping cream is easier to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi!
    This looks awesome! Wanna try it but I only have 8x8 inches pan ): should I still bake the same amount and pour into the pan?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, Sparkedillusion
    Yes you can bake it in 8" pan, then slice it instead of make a rolled cake.
    But the baking time will be 25-35 minutes, ^^.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, this is sooo good. Your recipe inspired me to make a similar Chiffon-Mascarpone cake with pecan nuts, raspberries and maracuya, with a caramel topping. I loved it! The cake turns out real fluffy and soft. And it was so easy.

    I just substituted the water with passion-fruit juice and added a bit of passion-fruit juice to the filling. Also, I added some cream of tartar to the biscuit. Although, next time, I might change the ratio of cream vs. mascarpone by reducing the cream a bit. It was a touch too creamy for me and I love cheese.

    Congratulations on your great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...