Saturday, October 4, 2008

Strawberry Yogurt Triffle: for Lightly Sweet Day

Usually I don’t buy yoghurt with fruits; they are too sweet for me. I think if we want strawberry yoghurt, it has to be a real one, I always be like that. So, this is the real treat for anyone who’s on diet, (me, too ^ ^, I have to take a brake from a heavy loaded sweet thing, but I still need a healthy sweet to keep my life go on). Fresh strawberry gives the yoghurt better flavor than the syrupy one that you find in the commercial one. This triffle is made from yoghurt with a little treasure hidden inside “white chocolate”, yes, real chocolate.

Actually you can use other kind of chocolate that you like but try to keep in mind that you try to add special flavor (Ok, it’s a low fat dessert, so don’t change your intention, haha). I use the one with raspberry flavor (which is lovely when sprinkle on top of the triffle). I suggest marinate the strawberry for 4 hours or overnight, so they will be sweeter and more fragrance. Oh, another thing, use the yoghurt that you like, don’t go over the top to the non sugar plain yoghurt if you can’t eat on its own. Use the brand that you like, a little fat and sugar will make you happy more than you hope for.



Strawberry Yoghurt Triffle

Serves 2


250 g

Strawberry

2 tsp

Superfine sugar

¼ tsp

Vanilla extract

200 g

Plain yoghurt

White chocolate (grated)

Strawberry for garnish


Cut strawberry into small dice and place them in a bowl.

Sprinkle the sugar and vanilla extract over the strawberry and mix them together.

Cover the bowl with plastic warp and refrigerate for 4 hours (or overnight).


Put the marinated strawberry in a glass; sprinkle the chocolate on top of the strawberry.

Cover with a layer of yoghurt sprinkle the chocolate again, and place another layer of strawberry and yoghurt.

Decorate the triffle as you want.



Strawberry Yoghurt Triffle: for lightly sweet day

3 comments:

  1. This looks easy enough. Let's see whether can get nice sweet strawsberry. I tot I saw them having offer. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just found your site on the bloroll and am so delighted that I did. I love your photos and the recipes are too tempting....This strawberry trifle is definitely on my weekend list...we have lost of strawberries in season right now..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, **
    Hope you like it too.

    Hi,Nina
    Thank you so much for your compliment, I already went to your blog, it's great too.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...